Minimally invasive surgery
Thanks to new technology and great experience on the part of the surgeons, minimally invasive surgery can offer the maximum quality of surgical procedures. The surgical procedures with minimally invasive access are performed mainly laparoscopically or vaginally. Avoidance of an abdominal incision permits the majority of women to leave hospital again within 24 to 72 hours.
The great advantages of «minimally invasive» surgery are a rapid recovery time and healing period. The complication rates are 0.5 to 1% and very much depend on the experience of the surgeon and his own «learning curve». Nevertheless, complications can also occur in the hands of experts. However, the majority of complications can already be recognised and remedied during the operation.
We also perform more major procedures «minimally invasively», including:
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy with and without preservation of the cervix (total or supracervical hysterectomy)
- Laparoscopic procedures on Fallopian tubes and ovaries
- Laparoscopic removal of myomas
- Laser laparoscopic operations
- Hysteroscopic operations on the uterus such as myoma resection, endometrial ablation, polyp removal and cone biopsy